Basket Bags Trends 2018
Basket Bags, we’ve seen them on many of the catwalks for quite some time now. Many brands and designers have adopted this trend. Believe it or not I’ve always been a huge fan of these type of bags. If I’m not mistaken is because I used to spend my Summer Vacations in Puerto Vallarta.
- Take note girls, Puerto Vallarta is one of the of the most beautiful vacation destinations in México. Also perfect for doing some shopping necklaces, bags and thousands of silver products, home decor and so on.
Anyway, going back to the Basket Bags Trend for 2018.
Straw, Wicker, Bamboo or Palm Bags
I think you’re gonna agree with me on this one. Whether it’s a wicker big beach tote bag or a small straw purse. If you add one of these accessories to your outfit. Your Summer looks will definitely stand out. Like this bag in neutral tones that you can basically wear it with everything.
Fact about me
One of the things about me (and if you don’t ask Ricardo) is that “I always ask about everything” and with in fashion. I always examine everything (whether I’m going to buy it or not)
- I try to pay attention (if it’s a shoe) to the leather and the finishing of a shoe.
- The quality of the fabric and finishes of a garment.
- And one super important things where the garment is MADE.
- Then I make my assessment of whether or not the price is worth it. No doubt I’m like this because of this
How palm bags are made
Yes I did it, I did the research for you. And I find it totally fascinating, because aside from the fact that this trade is the livelihood of many people in southern Mexico. And it’s a tradition that is passed down from generation to generation. It’s a pretty heavy process since people who do this kind of work don’t have the resources to buy the machinery required to go and pick up the palm tree and well…. Better watch this video so you can see the process and this one too
My Stylosophy Look
We escaped to Ensenada (Mexico) for the weekend. You know, Valle de Guadalupe.
- Good wine
- Amazing food.
- Great people.
- Little bit of shopping.
I was actually looking for a bag like that for quite some time (The ones I have still are in my hometown). I found it and bought it and the best part. It was MADE IN OAXACA. I don’t really consider myself a compulsive shopper but of course I DO SHOP and when I shop if the garment is MADE IN MEXICO It’s even better for me ❤