How to buy in Vintage Stores.
I used to have this mindset… “eeeeewk, how am I going to buy and then wear something that has been already been used and worn” NOOO THANK YOU!
FACT… The only vintage clothes which I consider using are things I find in my grandmother’s house, and when digging in my mom’s closet. ?
Difference between Vintage and Used deals.
There’s a big difference between Vintage and Used garments. Which I think, if you want to adventure once in a while in this journey you should know.
Clothes and Accesories are generally considerating Vintage. If they were manufactured 20 years ago or more.
Pre-owned –used– garments. I think doesn’t need a definition or explenation. –am I right?–
Know the style of each era, know a bit of fabrics, pay attention to details.
You can definitely find great vintage and also pre-owned clothes and accesories.
Important Points to know when Shopping in Vintage Stores.
- You already know what Vintage means.
- It’s not size that matters, but undergarments. Read more HERE.
- Eras or favorite decades.
- Educate yourself into the fashion history.
- Pay attention to details, of the garment.
- Last but not least, know how to store those finds. NEVER EVER PLASTIC.
My Stylosophy Favorite ERAS.
Without a doubt 50’s is my favorite era. You know:
- The New Look by Christian Dior of the late 40’s
- Full Skirts
- Gloves, pearls, tailored suits, pencil skirts.
- The female silhouette to its highest.
60’s is also one of my favorite
- Jackie Kennedy
- Briggitte Bardot (La Femme Fatale)
- Mary Quant. The creator of the miniskirt.
- Mini dresses, kitten heel, mary jane shoes.
- Jumper dress
- Pop art…….
My Stylosophy Look
I was really looking to make this bag the main focus of this look.
This is not a vintage bag, it has like 5 to 6 years since it was made.
I loved it from the moment I saw it. The quality is exquisite, the colors match perfectly and it has that 50’s/60’s style I love. What you all think about this bag and look?
Here are some of my favorite
Vintage Stores in SD
Ms Vintage Clothing